Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Who Are You To Say?

I went to see "The Help" with my mom on Thursday and I was sitting in the theater watching a story I had read so many times in the History books come to life. The words I would read in text books could not and do not do justice to the struggles that the African American culture went through during that time.
I know what you are thinking... Lexie we are on summer break what's up with the History lesson?
My question to you though is... Is it History? From my understanding of History it is defined by something that has passed... is this kind of hate really in our past? No matter the type of skin God gave you, or the culture you come from there is no reason for down right straight up hate. I see it in our everyday life as a culture... whether it be based on religion, race, cultural background, sexual orientation it's in everyday life.
But here's my question... Who are you to say?
Who are you to say what is right or wrong? Especially when you are basing your answer off the color of someone's skin... Or where they came from.
So here is my challenge to you, silence the voices that think they are some how superior to someone else because they have a different skin color, or where they came from. You don't have to agree with their choices but you damn well have to be respectful to them... I can say that with such assurance because they are a human being. Period. End of sentence.
Let's stop the hate speech now

No comments:

Post a Comment