Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's Time For A Change

Ever since I was on The Buried Life it has been my goal to make it okay to talk about depression, cutting, anxiety, and other Mental Illnesses. While I by no means think that I can change the stigma behind these issues in one blog post, or by being on one episode, that doesn't mean I am not going to do everything I can to try. But this isn't just about me trying it’s about how you can help make these changes too. I of all people know how hard it is to bring what you keep hidden in the darkest part of your life into the light. And I will be the first to admit it is scary and can be hard at times; once I did I found that I wasn't alone. Within an hour of the show airing my Facebook and twitter blew up with supportive messages and kind words. And even 3 months after I still get so much support, it blows my mind. But here's the thing... this wasn't about just me getting support. While words will never describe how much it has meant to me, I want that encouragement to spread. Think about it, if having your support helps me be clean for almost six months, how much more good could we do?! So that's why I created 100 Times, as a way to have a place for all that love you all have shown me to spread even further. You have all given me so much and this is one way I hope to give back to all of you, because most of the time when you give me encouragement it’s because you know what it's like to go through what I have, and I want you to find that support that I alone can't give to you. And even if you don't struggle think of it as a way to show love and encouragement to others who may not get it any other place.

This is just the start of how we can change the world because I am sure as hell going to try, will you join me?

www.facebook.com/pages/100-Times/169950813046738

No comments:

Post a Comment