Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 11, 2011

I Have Been Humbled

Hey guys!
I wanted to share with you some things I've learned this weekend. This weekend was a tough one for me, and I wanted to make sure I took time to digest everything before I told you guys about it.
I felt attacked a lot this weekend, for what and by whom isn't the point, and I will keep that to myself. But what really came from it all is that others were basing their opinions of who I am and what I stand for off of the things I say on Facebook and on Twitter. I was faced with people who thought that my time on The Buried Life has gotten to my head and now my only goal is to get attention for both myself, and for how I try to help others. I will admit that it hurt me a lot and at first I was so angry. But then I started to think about all of these comments and I started to wonder if they were true. And while what they were saying specifically was not correct maybe the concept they were after had some validity to it.
This is the conclusion I came to, I am doing something wrong if people feel like my mission is to bring attention to myself. And I will admit this is tricky because my physical being represents the emotional concept I am supporting. In other words I am a face to depression, anxiety, and cutting. But what I need to be careful of is mixing those two faces. I will do everything I can to continue what I started with the help of Ben and the guys. But please bare with me as I figure out what that looks like. I am by no means saying I'm famous but my life has changed and I am more in the public eye than before and while I am so blessed and feel honored, it is an adjustment!
So please know my goal has always been and will continue to be to help all of you in the best way I can, and to continue to break down the stereotypes.
Much love,
Lexie

No comments:

Post a Comment