Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dear__________

I have been thinking a lot lately about one of the hardest times of my life which was High School, and what wish I could have told myself back then. So this is to the inner High Schooler we all carry with us, no matter our age.

Dear ______

Now when you look in a mirror you see the ugly girl
Soon you will be able to see past that mirror because your true beauty cannot be found in a mirror

Now you see the girl who can't keep up in class
Soon you will be able to see that your worth is not found in a grade

Now you see the girl who will never find a boyfriend because she isn't skinny and blonde
Soon you will be able to see that you will be celebrated for what brings that twinkle out in your eyes not how your dress brings out the look in his

Now you see that you won't be like the popular girl in school
Soon you will be able to see that outside of High School it's not about the cliques but about what makes you different from all the rest

I can't wait for you to step out of that shell you have created and learn that you are going to be such a shinning star and I can't wait for you to see what everyone will soon learn. That you have a light that only you can shine and  my beautiful girl it shines so bright!

I know that times may be tough and while you may feel like your light will forever be dim I have no doubt that when you are ready it will shine brighter than the brightest star. 

No comments:

Post a Comment